At the word “Thailand”, ocean distances, mountains, palm trees and many, many hot sun stand in front of your eyes. This seasoning, golden and stinging like the Thai sun, will take you to an exotic resort at any time of the year - you will find all the ingredients in the nearest supermarket, and prepare the sauce in just 15 minutes.
It is suitable for any vegetable salad or fried vegetables, burgers or rolls in pita bread. The dish will be not only delicious, but also satisfying. Calorie dressing - 109 calories: enough to feel full, but much less than sour cream, and very little compared to mayonnaise. The sauce will perfectly complement chicken and spaghetti. It will be a great alternative to the teethwrinkled ketchup - try a Russian kebab with Thai flavor!
You will need:
- half a cup of unsalted peanut butter (if you use salted, take a little less salt);
- one and a half cups of coconut milk (shake it well before use!);
- 2.5 tablespoons of sugar;
- 3 heads of garlic;
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root;
- half a small onion (about 1 tablespoon in the crushed form);
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds;
- half a tablespoon of turmeric;
- a slice of lemongrass from the root, about 2.5 cm long (about 1 tablespoon in the crushed form), or a single peel of lime;
- small pods of chili (you can take less or more to your taste);
- juice of two limes (about 4 tablespoons);
- 1 tablespoon salt.
ON A NOTE. If you do not like or do not tolerate peanuts, use a paste made from any other nuts, such as cashews or almonds. Simply grind them in a blender for a few minutes, until the consistency of the peanut butter comes.
How to cook
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Crush for 40-60 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan or immediately fill the dish!
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. If it thickens, just heat it up a little before use.
Be careful, it is impossible to break away from this sauce!